RE: Even newer versions of the drafts

1997-11-12 05:14:18
I hope I get this right. I think its close ;-)

Type references and module references MUST start with an uppercase
letter. Value references and identifiers MUST start with a lower case
letter.

ThisIsAModuleReference {1 2 3} DEFINITIONS
BEGIN
ThisIsATypeReference ::= SEQUENCE
{
        thisIsAnIdentifier INTEGER (1..10),
        thisIsAnotherIndetifier INTEGER (1..10)
}

thisIsAValueReference ThisIsATypeReference ::=
{
        thisIsAnIdentifier 1,
        thisIsAnotherIndentifier 2
}
END

The name of an OID is by its nature a value reference therefore it MUST
start with lowercase.

Roger