RE: Simple Commerce Messaging Protocol

1998-03-09 10:49:27
I guess then that I don't understand why and what the extended charter will
offer over and above what the EDIINT workgroup has been doing. Just
attempting to understand. Thanks, Rik

-----Original Message-----
From:   EKR [SMTP:ekr(_at_)terisa(_dot_)com]
Sent:   Monday, March 09, 1998 11:36 AM
To:     Rik Drummond
Cc:     'Tom Arnold'; ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject:        Re: Simple Commerce Messaging Protocol

Rik Drummond <drummond(_at_)onramp(_dot_)net> writes:
Thanks Tom.  Non-repudiation is supported with the current EDIINT spec.
and
this list workgroup's efforts. Quality of service can be handled by
http/posts. Does SSL offer safety against man-in-the-middle attacks?
Yes.

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                             Terisa Systems, Inc.]
                "Put it in the top slot."