Re: ASN.1-SIZE floating

1998-09-14 14:22:39
All,

I disagree with Bengt's assignment of 4 to 'MAX' in ESS.  This value is much
too low.  The following are the ASN.1 syntaxes in ESS that include 'MAX'.

ContentHints ::= SEQUENCE {
  contentDescription UTF8String SIZE (1..MAX) OPTIONAL,
  contentType ContentType }

ESSPrivacyMark ::= CHOICE {
    pString      PrintableString SIZE (1..ub-privacy-mark-length),
    utf8String   UTF8String SIZE (1..MAX)
}

MLReceiptPolicy ::= CHOICE {
  none [0] NULL,
  insteadOf [1] SEQUENCE SIZE (1..MAX) OF GeneralNames,
  inAdditionTo [2] SEQUENCE SIZE (1..MAX) OF GeneralNames }

I believe that ESS should remain as is so that it can provide sufficient
flexibility to support a variety of user organization requirements.

John Pawling, jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com
J.G. Van Dyke & Associates, Inc.
www.jgvandyke.com

At 08:59 AM 8/31/98 +0100, Bengt(_dot_)Ackzell(_at_)postbox(_dot_)mil(_dot_)se