Re: Mail Services

1999-09-20 04:14:02

Hi,

Could someone confirm that SoftArcs FirsClass clients are S/MIME compatible
?

Cheers

mh

Hi Michael

I'm not completely sure what it really is you want to do, but I hope I'm
soon going to send automatically created (content and addresses from DB,
cert/keys from a .p12 file (according to PKCS 12)) S/MIME messages via a
normal SMTP server.
I'm using a full strength Java Cryptography Extension reimplementation
and an S/MIME package available from:

http://jcewww.iaik.tu-graz.ac.at

' hope this is helpful :)

Sure is. I went to take a look. It seems to be exactly what I'm looking
for
(up to possible licensing
issues).

Thanks

Cheers

mh

Michael

Michael Hallgren wrote:

Hi,

Might be somewhat out of track, but I'd appreciate to get a lead for a
decision ;)

I'm reflecting on an SMTP service sending S/MIME encoded mail. The
public
cert's
should be retreived from a directory service and the mail generated by
an
automat
(upon stimuli) rather than a desktop mail client (no manual
interaction,
that is).

Now, I was tempted to make use of the SFL libraries, and implementing
the
service
over OSS. However, I'm living and working in France... ...

So, I'm now reflecting on comercially offer's. What about the SIMS
(Sun)
Entrust/PKI
couple. Has anyone sucessfully tried it out for some similar
implementation
? Any
advice ?

Cheers