Re: draft-ietf-smime-idea

2000-02-24 13:53:48
Paul:

Take a look at the cipher suite definitions associated with TLS. Only one cipher suite is mandatory to implement, but all of the cipher suite documents are on standards track.

The SKIPJACK and KEA document is an exception. The algorithm to wrap one SKIPJACK key with another SKIPJACK key is not specified in a publicly available document. For this reason, it is not appropriate for the document to be on standards track. All of the information to implement is not provided....

Russ