Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-x400transport-00.txt

2000-11-16 07:36:46
Graeme Lunt wrote:

In fact, thinking about it a little more, does the draft as it stands
actually allow me to do this? If I use id-data as the content-type,
MUST the content be a MIME wrapped CMS object? Could it just be arbitrary
MIME?

This would certainly be a useful feature.

Graeme,

    I think that 'id-data' covers any MIME object, not just CMS.  Since it's
defined in the S/MIME standards, the door is certainly open for somebody to
question the scope of its use as a generally applicable identifier for all
MIME.  However, since (to my knowledge) nothing like this exists elsewhere,
it's the best choice available.

Chris