RE: Queries on Message/rfc822, Compressed-Data.

2003-04-01 05:00:33

Hi Russ,

As per draft-ietf-smime-x400transport-05.txt to convey information about the
contained content
of an S/MIME message in an X.400 transport environment EITs are used.

Section 2.5 (2.5.1 to 2.5.6) of draft-ietf-smime-x400transport-05.txt define
the EITs for:
1. Enveloped Data
2. Signed Data
3. Certificate Management
4. Signed Receipt
5. Enveloped X.400
6. Signed X.400

These match with the corresponding EITs defined in
http://www.imc.org/ietf-smime/sm-oid.asn
-- X.400 Encoded Information Types (EIT) for S/MIME objects
id-eit-envelopedData OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { id-eit 1 }
id-eit-signedData OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { id-eit 2 }
id-eit-certManagement OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { id-eit 3 }
id-eit-signedReceipt OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { id-eit 4 }
id-eit-envelopedx400 OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { id-eit 5 }
id-eit-signedx400 OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { id-eit 6 }

I am unable to find the corresponding EIT definition for the smime-type
parameter
'compressed-data'(CompressedData), that has been newly introduced in the
'draft-ietf-smime-
rfc2633bis-03.txt'.

Best Regards
Arun Pandey