For #4 ZLIB compression algorithm from RFC1950/1951 is a MUST in the
RFC3274 do we need to say it again here?
Russ Housley wrote:
Hare are seven comments. I think number 6 is the most significant
one, but none of them are show stoppers.
1. Should Section 1.4 reference RFC 3369?
2. Delete section 1.6 before the document is sent to the IESG.
3. Section 2.4 probably should point out that ContentInfo is needed
to encapsulate each of the protection content types.
4. What compression algorithm MUST be implemented if CompressedData
5. Section 2.5.2: s/SMIMECapabilities attribute
should/SMIMECapabilities attribute SHOULD/
6. Section 2.6: the first two paragraphs are not clear. S/MIME v3.1
MUST support both issuerAndSerialNumber and subjectKeyIdentifier for
sending and receiving.
7. Section 188.8.131.52: s/not currently supported in S/MIME/not currently
recommended in S/MIME/