From: Russ Housley [mailto:housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com]
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 9:16 PM
To: Blake Ramsdell; ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-smime-rfc2633bis-07.txt
1. Should Section 1.4 reference RFC 3369?
This section just describes where "prior practice of S/MIME" is located.
I think that RFC 3369 is "current practice of S/MIME".
2. Delete section 1.6 before the document is sent to the IESG.
3. Section 2.4 probably should point out that ContentInfo is
encapsulate each of the protection content types.
Hmm. I don't agree. This is meant to describe the subset of types that
are supported by S/MIME, independent of their encoding.
4. What compression algorithm MUST be implemented if
Has this train finished wrecking or is it still in progress?
5. Section 2.5.2: s/SMIMECapabilities attribute
6. Section 2.6: the first two paragraphs are not clear.
S/MIME v3.1 MUST
support both issuerAndSerialNumber and subjectKeyIdentifier
for sending and
S/MIME v3.1 implementations MUST support both issuerAndSerialNumber as
well as subjectKeyIdentifier. Messages that use the
subjectKeyIdentifier choice cannot be read by S/MIME v2 clients.
7. Section 22.214.171.124: s/not currently supported in S/MIME/not
recommended in S/MIME/