1. Section 2.2.1: In the following text, I have a problem with "PKIX" as
oppose to X.509 Identity Certificates, esp as PKIX now has a definition for
The CMS message format supports a choice of certificate formats for
public key content types: PKIX, PKCS #6 Extended Certificates and
X.509 Attribute Certificates.
2. Section 2.2.1, p 3: s/suerceded/superseded/ --- I didn't believe it but
I looked it up.
3. Section 2.3: The following statements don't agree:
Receiving agents MUST be able to handle an arbitrary number of
certificates of arbitrary relationship to the message sender and to
each other in arbitrary order.
A receiving agent
SHOULD be able to handle an arbitrarily large number of certificates
4. Section 2.3: Let's get a better term for this that "CA certificates"
Agents MAY send CA certificates, that is, certificates that are self-
signed and can be considered the "root" of other chains.
5. Section 3: Please define the type of field for pkcs-9-at-emailAddress.
(I think it's IA5 string but can't swear to it off the top of my head.)
6. Section 5: s/noticable/noticeable/
7. Section 5: s/message,if/message, if/