Re: Support for hash algorithms other than SHA-1

2005-06-25 01:41:41

On Jun 22, 2005, at 8:38 PM, Peter Gutmann wrote:
So I'd support -256 SHOULD, -384 and -512
MAY.

What about 224 and 513 and 637... ;)

So I think that there's a few aspects to this:

* Create / determine reference for a specification that explains the SHA > 1 algorithms.

* Create / determine reference for a specification that explains the use of those digest algorithms in a signature context (that is, combined with an asymmetric algorithm of some sort).

* Create a profile for CMS that binds algorithm identifiers to signature algorithms.

* Update MSG spec with a SHOULD / MUST / whatever for the final algorithms.

Is there something to be done for the CERT profile also?

Blake
--
Blake Ramsdell | Sendmail, Inc. | http://www.sendmail.com