Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-escertid-00.txt

2006-04-03 18:54:32

Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> writes:
At 09:35 PM 3/30/2006, Peter Gutmann wrote:
ESSCertIDv2 ::= SEQUENCE {
    hashAlgorithm    AlgorithmIdentifier DEFAULT { { algorithm
sha-1, parameters NULL} }
    certHash         Hash,
    issuerSerial     IssuerSerial OPTIONAL
    }

I do not see a way to use this syntax and say that the parameters are absent.
I prefer absent to NULL.

Oh, I was just quoting Peter Sylvester's ASN.1, since he's using current ASN.1
which can't be used in IETF RFCs anyway, it shouldn't be an issue, the
parameter info will just disappear once it's back-translated in the obsolete
1988 form.

Peter.