RE: Algorithm Class Data

2007-08-03 14:26:45

Russ,

Here would be an example.   (Please note - this is conceptual ASN.1 not real
ASN.1)

MY-ALG-CLASS ::= CLASS {
     &id             OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
     &privKeyType OPTIONAL,
     &pubKeyType,
     &pubKeyParams DEFAULT NULL,
     &sigStructure,
     &sigParams)

alg-DSS MY-ALG-CLASS { id-dss, INTEGER, INTEGER, dss-params, DSS-SIG, NULL }

All of the data is not associated together in META-DATA - this does not
affect what goes out over the wires, however the information could
potentially be used in the encode/decoder with some re-writes of the data
such as

SIGNED(ToBeSigned) ::= {
   toBeSigned    ToBeSigned
   algorithm    SEQUENCE {
       sigId   MY-ALG-CLASS.&id({SigAlgs}),
       params  MY-ALG-CLASS.&sigParams ({SigAlgs}{(_at_)sigId}) OPTIONAL,
   },
   Signature BIT STRING (CONTAINING
MY-ALG-CLASS.&sigStructure({SigAlgs}{(_at_)algorithm(_dot_)sigID}))
}

This data structure COULD be encoded/decoded directly by the ASN.1 system.

Jim