Re: Algorithm Class Data

2007-08-11 09:24:47

Jim & Paul:

I do not see how these impact the things that go on the wire.

That's exactly the point.

Maybe I have not thought about it enough, but an example would help me understand your proposal better.

The idea is to have more programmatic logic in the ASN.1 module itself, I believe. Right now, we have text in the RFC, comments in the ASN.1 module, and the code-reflecting parts of the module. Moving some of the first two into the latter might make interoperability more likely.

That is not useful unless other development tools draw the line in the same place, right?