Re: [smime] [pkix] Research question: Witnessing by digital signature

2010-06-23 06:20:56
I agree with you Stefan. I misued the words to express that. Just to clarify
myself, in the context I'm referring to, signatures are an instrument of
evidence regarding the authenticity of the document, understood authenticity
as a means of identifying the signatory but also indicating the signatory's
approval of the signed data.

But, sometimes, and in order to make some agreements and commitments made in
a signed document binding, it is mandatory that more than one signature is
present. As an example, imagine the case where some purchase order has to be
authorised by the purchase manager. The order should not be enforced until
such signature is present. IMO, currently there is no technical solution to
fulfill that in a seamlessly and generalistic manner.

Regards,

Jorge.