Re: [smime] S/MIME publishing mailing list

2015-01-26 05:04:04
Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> writes:

It seems pretty easy to combine with RFC 4387:

       Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Operational Protocols:
       Certificate Store Access via HTTP. P. Gutmann, Ed.. February 2006.

Has RFC 4387 seen much implementation?

Not sure, since I don't get contacted when it's used :-).  I've seen use in
remote-monitoring (or monitored)/sensing devices (e.g. environmental sensors,
industrial site monitoring, gaming machines) to move certs around, they tend
to just use whatever bits and pieces work (a mix of SCEP, HTTP, and some
handwave at revocation checking via CRLs or OCSP, but often just replacing the
cert when it's deemed outdated).

Peter.