Re: [smime] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC2633 (5019)

2017-05-14 19:57:06
Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> writes:

If it was a typo, then it would have been changed in the subsequent update to
the RFC.

"If cigarettes were bad for you then the government wouldn't allow them to be
 sold".

All this means is that it's a typo that wasn't noticed until now.  Given that
the full thing is called "SMIMEEncryptionKeyPreference" it does seem like it's
a typo.  The fact that it's rarely used compared to, say, sMIMECapabilities,
means that it could easily have been overlooked until now.

Or we could do something completely radical and ask Blake what he meant there.

In fact, why don't I do that right now...

Peter.