Re: compressed content-transfer-encoding?

1999-07-28 14:48:17
capability.  It would be tough on the MTA's, but with CPU and disk speeds
increasing, it might be feasible.   Anyway, just a thought...

I've heard proposals to possibly do this through a SASL layer.

The main issue with this is that current protocols that support SASL
only allow for one SASL layer at a time so you could get either
compression or kerberos, not both. I still think this could be useful
in certain circumstances and would be willing to implement it if
anyone were to write a SASL compression draft.