Re: Internet Draft for flexible proxying of the mail protocols

2000-09-28 14:28:03
Something lots of people miss is that IMAP doesn't >>require<< the
support for server-side mailboxes (other than INBOX). It's purely a
server-side decision whether or not to allow messages to be stored
there.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Lee Thompson wrote:

For POP, the protocol is arguably dying in favor of IMAP4.

Here's your argument :)

I wouldn't say POP3 is dying.   At least not from where I sit. Most ISPs
appear to not want to be message stores for people either.  (Large
corporations and Universities, I'm sure, love IMAP.)