Re: stupid SMTP rejection of spammers

2001-06-15 12:46:50

I'm irritated at broken mail
software, and I'm irritated that we need to produce an "RFC For Dummies"
document for the authors of said software.

me too.  and of course we could always write a new RFC that says
"do what this other RFC says".  it might even be useful to present
the information in a different form  - sometimes that makes it
easier for the audience to understand.

but perhaps there are other mechanisms also?  maybe we can get vendors
to mention this in their documentation, or to tell their tech support
people about it?  maybe we really do need an "SMTP for dummies" book?

Keith