RE: who makes the firewall that puts asterisks in the initial greeting?

2001-08-10 15:10:53

there's a popular SMTP firewall that puts asterisks in the initial
(220) SMTP greeeting.  I'd like to know who makes it.

because the developers should be lined up and shot.

Why? What's wrong with asterisks in the greeting? (it's not us, by the way,
I'm just interested in why that's a problem)

Asterisks are legal.  I'm sure there is something else the firewall is
doing wrong that caught Keith's attention, and the only identifying element
is the asterisks.

-d