Re: Last Call: SMTP Service Extension for Content Negotiation to Proposed Standard

2002-07-08 10:02:16

Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>
IMO, the ultimate aim (even if this is not practical) is to deliver
to each recipient the same version of the Fax as they would have
received IF they were the only addressee

I think this is a reasonable and practical goal.  I don't think that
recipient A should experience a difference in message quality
(or worse, fail to receive the message at all) based on whether or
not you cc'ed recipient B.

Negotiation can mean that A and B receive different messages, both stating
(in to/cc) that the other received the one they didn't. Sounds very fishy
to my ears.

The thing sounds as if it's 100% incompatible with S/MIME and other
signature mechansisms. Shouldn't that be mentioned in the draft's security
considerations section?

--Arnt