Re: Keywords for "SMTP Service Extension for Content Negotiation"

2002-07-14 11:54:26
On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:55:41 PDT, ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com said:

I think this is a fine piece of theoretical analysis which unfortunately has
no
applicability to the real world. In the real world directory/database systems
that let sites provide Internet-wide access to information about their users
do
not deploy.

I'm not sure why this is the case, and indeed I'm fairly sure that there is no
good reason for it, but a vast tract of experience tells me it for-sure is the
case. (Now is not the time to get into whys in more detail.)

I'll just add 2 words to the "why" and leave it at that:

"datamining" "spammers".
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer