Re: FYI: BOF on Internationalized Email Addresses (IEA)

2003-10-27 20:44:18

I've trimmed the To/Cc fields to the most relevant mailing lists.  After
another couple days, we should probably trim it down to just ietf-imaa.
That should be enough time for people interested in this thread to
subscribe to that list.

Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

RB> For instance, one of the issues that has been discussed on the
RB> IMAA list is whether full-width at should be recognized in an
RB> internationalized mail address.

full-width _where_?

:)

Roy was using the word "at" not as a preposition, but as the name of a
character.

The current IMAA draft requires that full-width "@" be recognized
as a separator between the local part and the domain part of an
internationalized mail address, for consistency with the IDNA
requirement that fullwidth "." be recognized as a separator between
labels in an internationalized domain name.

IMAA takes the position that its scope is the entire mail address.  For
the domain part, it simply reuses IDNA (by reference).  That leaves the
local part and the at-sign where it has more to say.

AMC