MyDoom, Sorbig - Actions taken?

2004-02-04 07:41:25

I hope I am not off topic here with this.

I would be extremely interesting in hearing from SMTP developers here how
they are addressing the latest big problem of the MyDoom virus with thier
customers,etc?  What they have learn to better addressed the problem with
the current specs.

Does anyone have the complete "technical logic" of how this email virus
exploits SMTP?

I know it relies on sending stolen valid addresses and sending "innocent"
looking bounces, but  I believe there are some other "tricky aspects"  about
it  I think may or may not be addressable by SMTP.

If I'm off topic, please ignore. :-)

http://www.santronics.com