Re: MyDoom, Sorbig - Actions taken?

2004-02-04 23:29:41

I am getting a little peeve with your continued disrespect.  Do not believe
for one minute you "better than me" by any means. You don't want to go
there. I ask you to cool it.

Going back to the original question,  would this be YOUR method (using MIME)
to help solve or address your email virus problems being dump your way?

Rather to being so condescending, why don't you explain how layering when
adhered by the MUA will solve the problem of abusive transportation of
viruses.   You are bent of this being an USER/MUA problem maybe that's
because you are currently focus on "User needs."   Well,  I disagree.  You
still have not address the question when MIME is not used for attachment
transportation via SMTP.

http://www.santronics.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Moore" <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>
To: "Hector Santos" <winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com>
Cc: "Keith Moore" <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>;
<Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu>;
<ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:53 AM
Subject: Re: MyDoom, Sorbig - Actions taken?

 If people here (who seem to have a
strong will over what is done or said) really honestly believe there
is SMTP
can't help, and the adhering to MIME is the only anwser,  there will
never
be a solution.

apparently you don't understand the concept of layering.

feel free to rejoin the conversation once you figure it out.