RE: Do the must 'bounce' rules need to be relaxed for virus infec ted messages?

2004-03-25 12:25:16
Is an anti-viral "you sent a virus" notification malicious/decietful/spam?

That question is beyond the scope of this discussion.  :-)

Seriously, I think that's one of those decisions that should be considered a
local policy matter.  The SMTP protocol should not attempt to provide
guidance on such matters.  I think the goal of the proposal is simply to
create some wiggle room in the SMTP protocol to allow some messages to be
silently dropped, without prescribing exactly when such an action is or is
not appropriate.

Daryl