Re: comments on draft-crocker-email-arch-01

2004-12-21 12:17:49

FYI -- Dave sent this to the ASRG list earlier this year; it
may be useful for discussions of the architecture draft:

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:20:47 -0800
From: Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: [Asrg] Patrik Falstrom's mailflow chart

I don't remember seeing this mentioned, but think it worth highlighting
for folks:

Patrik Falstrom did a mail flow control chart that is _extremely_
detailed.  I've been doing a simplistic one, for easy discussion, but
his is very thorough.

It is at <http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-47/mailflows.pdf>

I've also put up a version of Patrik's chart at
http://users.erols.com/blilly/mailflow/mailflow.pdf
(the directory also contains "dot" source ("graphviz"
software) and a makefile)