Re: draft-crocker-email-arch-03 Users, MDA and administrative domains

2005-03-07 21:39:16

David MacQuigg wrote:

Frank made me do it. :>)

He, I only said that I'd prefer "MX" instead of "incoming MTA".

For bounces the text uses always the meaning "bounce message",
that should be clear.

In 2821 it has also the meaning "reject" (SMTP error reply).
It could make sense to note that any "bounce messages" in that
case are actually created the client MTA, not by the rejecting
server MTA.  Some discussions about I18N in MARID were rather
surreal.  The poor server just can't do this, and if it would
try it anyway the client won't understand it.

                         Bye, Frank