Re: pseudo LAST CALL - draft-crocker-email-arch-04.txt

2005-04-01 16:40:27

 Formally, I'd say "notification address" or some such, because the address
 is where various kinds of notifications (nondelivery, delivery, delay,
 receipt/read, and responses from robots) get sent by default.

 Informally, I'd say "bounces".  It's not as precise but it has a higher
 recognition factor.

i've tried the formal/informal distinction.

as nearly as i can tell, there is no willingness of the community to support
multiple terms, so we need to choose exactly one.

  d/

ps. I should respond to Carl's implied question about the intended audience
for the email-arch document.  It is not merely the world of standards
participants.  I am hoping the document is useful for anyone and everyone who
needs to engage in any degree of technical discussion about Internet Mail.

  ---
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  +1.408.246.8253