Re: I-D ACTION:draft-arun-ncc-smtp-02.txt

2005-04-16 02:50:35

Basically, we have aliases for our convenience, so that we do not end up typing a huge number of mail-ids.

When we have to do a similar thing to a set of users wherein there is a superset alias available then the user is actually unable to use the superset alias and send it out to the subset. Now usage wise, every user can have a small example that could be absolutely of no significance to the other. So the idea of this draft needs to be seen more as an individualistic usage, though the importance of its usage is very personal and no other can do any sort of evaluation of the need this has to the other person.

Yes, this would have a few implimentational issues that the user would face. Again the idea is not to force this feature on anybody but allow it as an option to anybody who wants to use it. Encrypting each message in every hop is similar. Nobody is enforcing anybody to encrypt every message. If and only if the organization wants this feature then there has to be proper care taken in every mail hop that the feature is available. Thinking on similar lines, if an organization wants to use this feature then its the responsibility of the administrator to mandate appropriate MUA's and MTA's. This is very possible within an organization / a small company etc. So the basic idea is, so if somebody is very interested to use this feature, then there has to be a provision for it. The problems that might have to be addressed have also been mentioned in the document for the areas wherein the adman has to take care to ensure he/she has done everything to have this feature.