Re: "Header Reordering", yet again

2005-05-27 08:33:57

ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com writes:
Reordering fields of different types relative to each other is another matter. Our MTA does this routinely - the facility we provide for this is heavily used. The reason is that there are lots of things out there which are order-sensitive in one way or another.

Could you give a few examples? Why do your customers use this heavily?

Of course these things are broken, but when we're talking about breakage in very popular systems saying they should behave this way is a waste of time.

Well, yes and no... I suppose expecting it to stop is futile, but talking about breakage may have other beneficial results. For a start, Bruce Lilly will post the URL to your elaboration next time we have the same thread ;)

Arnt