Re: Bounce/System Notification Address Verification

2005-06-29 05:35:27

----- Original Message -----
From: "John C Klensin" <john+smtp(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>

And, of course, going to one-recipient-per-message also vastly
increases total transmission time for messages, especially
moderately long messages, in normal use.  That total
transmission time issue -- let's open a minimal number of TCP
connections and transmit the payload on a target host basis, not
a target user one-- is, of course, why the multiple RCPT
provision was included in the mail specs more than a quarter of
a century ago.

If I read you right, this would be a queue manager design issue.

But I think overall two different lines of thoughs are mesh - bouncing vs
broadcasting.

IOW,  should a broadcaster be allow to use the NULL ("no bounce needed)
return path?

http://www.santronics.com