Re: Bounce/System Notification Address Verification

2005-06-30 03:42:42

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 11:03:50AM +0200, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
Hector Santos writes:
But the reason according to your server is the space in the MAIL FROM:
<> command as a syntax error.

Ok, wow!!!

You better reconsider being more relaxed with that MAIL FROM: strict
syntax I'm sure you will get hit by other servers

In the past week, 100% of the mail arriving at work with
     MAIL FROM: <...
or
     RCPT TO: <...
was spam. Good fodder for bayesian analysis.

(Btw, I didn't discover this; der Mouse told me.)

I would have used strict-rfc822 mode in my work production systems,
if it would not reject something like 95% of users who send thru their
ISP master relays...

MS Outlooks do put those extra white-spaces in there blatantly..

At my own private system I use strict syntax processing, and those
who can't send because of it, well..  tough.  However I can't do
that for paying customers  :-(

Arnt

--
/Matti Aarnio   <mea(_at_)nic(_dot_)funet(_dot_)fi>