Re: Bounce/System Notification Address Verification

2005-06-29 12:18:19

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Hector Santos wrote:

Ok, at 44 seconds, it became the CBV, as you can see thre wasn't a response
to the RCPT TO:   The timeout appears to be  35 seconds.

That's way too short for a CBV timeout, and in any case the appropriate
response to a timeout is 4xx (or perhaps 2xx), certainly not 5xx.

In my experience using CBV for nearly a year, it is a very troublesome
technique, and I'm still not happy with it. This is mainly because I don't
have the patience to try to teach the world how to send well-formed email
and fix their broken setups.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR