Query Regarding CRAM-MD5 Authentication

2005-11-16 03:15:15
Hello Ppl..!

I have one doubt in SMTP Authentication (Still....!!)

my server supports 3 types of authentications

LOGIN,  CRAM-MD5 and PLAIN.

for LOGIN and CRAM-MD5 server sends some encrypted data.

doubts:
what to do with this encrypted data..??

how to encrypt the user mailID and Password with this data..??

i have to encode this encrypted data with Mail_ID and password or only with
Password.??

if only password required then how the server will identify which user is
trying to send mail.?

what is the algorith to get the encrypted data for LOGIN and CRAM-MD5
mechanisms ??

any other mechanisms available that which SMTP Servers can support??

can any one pls send me tha algorithm to encrypt the data.

Pls answer this questions asap.

thanks in advance..

Regards,
Vijayan