Re: line lengths for AUTH

2006-12-12 13:52:47

ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

I can add a new EHLO keyword (which would be "SHOULD be advertised by
SMTP servers"), if people think this is important.

I think it does much more harm than good. A server either supports an extension or it doesn't. If it does support it it needs to
> support whatever line length limits or increases that
> extension requires. Announcing a line length limit
separately opens the door to all sorts of silly states.

+1, why help hackers test your software Q&A by given then a hint of your buffer boundaries. Thats already inherent in the specs anyway.

---
HLS