Re: Degree of adoption for Enhanced Reply Codes?

2007-01-30 08:46:41

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Dave Crocker wrote:

I'm interested in getting a basic sense of how useful email operators
are finding the Enhanced SMTP reply codes. This isn't for anything
formal, but the question came up in discussion and I realized that I had
no idea how widespread adoption or use was.

There was some discussion about this some months ago in the thread
starting with this post:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-smtp/mail-archive/msg02756.html

Probably the most prominent currently maintained MTA that doesn't support
them is Exim.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
ROCKALL MALIN: SOUTHWEST 6 TO GALE 8. ROUGH OR VERY ROUGH, OCCASIONALLY HIGH