Re: greylisting done at end of headers, or end of daya (QUIT) ?

2007-01-30 13:53:03

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, SM wrote:

At 11:17 30-01-2007, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
So I ask you: would greylisting based on some unique id like Message-id:
lead to a better result?

Some messages do not have a Message-Id. Some senders generate a new Message-Id on each transmission. In the second case, the message will never get through as you'll be greylisting it each time.

Who exactly generates new Message-ID per each transmission???
Its true that some messages come with no message-id and then my MTA
would add one in, but ones the field has been added, I'd not expect
it to be removed if message is retransmitted further.

The id entered in Received field is entirely different thing though
and those are in fact unique per each SMTP connection / hop.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks