Re: greylisting done at end of headers, or end of daya (QUIT) ?

2007-01-30 17:24:35

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, SM wrote:

At 12:40 30-01-2007, william(at)elan.net wrote:
Who exactly generates new Message-ID per each transmission???

The MTA sending the message generates a new Message-ID each time it attempts to send out the message. I've seen a few cases for transactional email.

Did you make any correlation as to which server program it actually was?
Because its not really what I'd expect normal MTA processing message to
ever do (may well be against protocol specs, I guess we can argue about
it here...).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks