Re: RFC2821bis-02 Issue 22: Requiring removal of extra return-path headers in 4.4

2007-04-22 15:08:00

--On Sunday, 22 April, 2007 21:08 +0200 Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> wrote:

John C Klensin wrote:

Hi.  Issue 22 assigned to this.

Any procedure resulting in precisely one Return-Path created by
the final delivery MTA is IMO fine.  Can you please smuggle in
an informative reference to RFC 3834 to stress this point ?

Hmm.  I'm not completely sure I see the applicability, so don't
know quite how to make such a reference.  I could certainly
indicate that automatic responses, such as those described in
3834, are dependent on having one, and only one, Return-path by
the time the message is delivered.  Would that do the job?

Keith, I don't know if you have been following the 2821bis
discussion on the ietf-smtp list, but I could use your advice on
this -- drop me a note off-list if you would like a quick
summary of the issue(s).

     john