Re: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-03.txt

2007-04-25 13:24:33

rfc2822bis-03 is now out at one of these URLs:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-03.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-03.txt

A diff from -02 can be seen here:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-03.txt

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org wrote:
directories.

      Title           : Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
      Author(s)       : J. Klensin
      Filename        : draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-03.txt
      Pages           : 94
      Date            : 2007-4-25

This document is a largely self-contained specification of the basic
   protocol for the Internet electronic mail transport.  It
   consolidates, updates, and clarifies several previous documents,
   making all or parts of most of the obsolete.  It covers the SMTP
   extension mechanisms and best practices for the contemporary
   Internet, but does not provide details about particular extensions.
   Although SMTP was designed as a mail transport and delivery protocol,
   this specification also contains information that is important to its
   use as a "mail submission" protocol for "split-UA" mail reading
   systems and mobile environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-03.txt