RFC2821 advancement -- implementation reports

2007-04-30 05:49:28

Folks,

One of the requirements for advancement is implementation reports. That raises the question of what to document, given the massive deployment we already know exists?

I suggest soliciting a collection of reports, from vendors and operators with their own code. The reports should declare:

   1. That they have implemented RFC2821.

   2. For how long it has been deployed.

   3. What features they know they have *not* implemented

   4. What features they know to be problematic

   5. Any other comments they might wish to share.

The collection of these documents is certain to show that RFC2821 has
gained widespread adoption. Whether it will show any pattern of interesting problems ought to be quickly discovered.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking