Re: 2821bis consideration - New 2nd attempt Retry Strategy recommendation

2007-11-16 14:50:43

SM wrote:

the Greylist specs shows  a 4.7.1 extended code:

      451 4.7.1 Please try again later
      http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/whitepaper.html

I believe that the reply code mentioned in that whitepaper is incorrect. The extended code is correct. I recommend using "450 4.7.1 Text" when the temporary failure is due to a policy decision.

Incorrect in what way? Inappropriate perhaps from a "operator/policy" statement? Functionally or Technically? Compatibility? If its a compatibility problem, then it needs to be reconsidered.

As a general rule, I would use 30 minutes as receivers reading RFC 2821 will expect that.

Sure, but all receivers need to be ready for anything, including the possibility of "more sophisticated and variable strategies" as it was insightfully stated in 2821. :-)

So I don't think its would be a technical problem.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com