Re: Lists and aliases (Re: Last Call: draft-klensin-rfc2821bis (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) to Draft Standard (1))

2007-12-14 10:13:02

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Dave Crocker wrote:

While I think the proposed text gets across the distinction folks are seeking,
I'm concerned that it leads to a belief that one or the other type of activity
is not a list.  My own view is that they are both lists, but the former is a
list that restricts itself sufficiently to qualify as emulating an MTA.  In
particular, both have a delivery of the original message and a posting of a
new one.

I disagree. The distinction between aliases and lists is useful and should
not be muddied.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
NORTH FITZROY SOLE: SOUTHEASTERLY 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH, OCCASIONALLY VERY