Re: The "such responses" extension sentence (was: Re: MX to CNAME and (mis)interpretation of 2821)

2008-02-25 08:42:20

John C Klensin <john+smtp(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:

   "Such responses could, in principle, be covered by DNS
   changes or extensions and an SMTP extension in the future."

I'd like to hear from John Leslie, who originally suggested
putting something like that in.

   Quick answer: as I said before, I think this battle is long lost:
we look to be beating a dead horse.

   (If someone wants a longer explanation, feel free to ask...)

If he is now persuaded that it should be dropped,

   Yes.

I'd find that convincing and perhaps others would as well.

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>