Re: Minor is. It's not a pardigm change

2008-04-06 18:26:34

Hector Santos wrote:

The different here from what I am reading is that there seems to be this notion that the DNS resolver is always independent from the SMTP and its results drive the SMTP client - i.e, the SMTP client is not in the picture. I don't believe that concept can be presumed to be always true.

Clarification because DNS results always drives an SMTP client :-)

What I meant is that a MX query returning NO RECORDS is what drives the SMTP to consider using a Implicit MX concept.

If the resolver always return a MX query result, then the SMTP client will never have any control here. I don't think using the zero preference is a reliable indicator to represent a raw A record for the domain.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com