Re: remote signing, was BATV pseudo-Last Call

2008-05-20 19:23:20

> As I said previously, you can restrict BATV in this way but I really have to
> wonder if the resulting very narrowly applicable mechanism is worth the
bother.

Depends how much blowback you get.  When you get as much as I do, it's
extremely worth the bother.

The problem with that is in order to solve your problem you're asking a lot of
people to make some fairly pervasive changes in how they perform address
comparisons. It's going to take a lot more to sell that upgrade than saying,
"my systems have an unusually big problem with blowback spam". The more general
the mechanism is the more people will use it and more incentive there will be
to support it.

                                Ned