Re: vacation programs, was BATV breaks rfc2821bis?

2008-05-20 19:41:29

If you're going to cast doubt on the choice of the envelope sender address, perhaps you could describe what you think the right choice is.

For a vacation program, Reply-To: or lacking that From:. You know, like replying to a message in a MUA. This is not an innovative design.

I should mention that the behavior you describe, where the vacation notice goes to the list management software which then treats it as a bounce sounds like the Right Thing to me

Aw, come on. Any vacation program that sends any response at all to list mail is terminally broken.

Regards,