Re: private key BATV is useful

2008-05-25 13:10:51

mouss wrote:

[snip]

While I am in, the recommendation in
   http://babel.de/batv.html
(cited from the implementations link) to use regular expressions based canonical breaks recipient validation and will cause backscatter. which breaks the whole purpose of BATV INMHO.

I was wrong here. I missed the trick to "stack" proxy_filter's.

My appologies.

Also, whatever the scheme is, there is another class of applications to think of. these are applications that use the sender address as an element to determine the "reputation" of a transaction (spamassassin AWL for instance). such apps should be made aware of the various BATV styles.